A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

On the Lighter Side: Surfing the Middle East

The last couple of days have been pretty heavy with sectarian violence, threats of a new Gaza war, diplomatic insults, etc.; nothing to lighten the load since the great hummus contest over the weekend.

Blogger Abu Guerrilla, who blogs over at the group blog Blogging the Casbah, has a post up about his forthcoming book on surfing Israel and Lebanon. I had previously linked to his "Surfing with Nasrallah" post. So to lighten the load, there you are.

I have not yet actually started a category called "surfing" on this blog, though. Though I'm almost as old as the surviving Beach Boys, I've never surfed.

2 comments:

Jesse Aizenstat said...

I might just be time Michael, it might just be time...

Michael Collins Dunn said...

I think I'll hold out a little longer. But I'd be glad to post some Beach Boys if I can figure out how. Haven't posted any MP3s on the site yet.